We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Interior / Architectural Design Intern who wants to be part of the rapid expansion of our Amsterdam based eyewear brand.
Ace & Tate is a growing company and always looking for new people who share our passion for design. We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Interior / Architectural Design Intern who wants to be part of the rapid expansion of our Amsterdam based eyewear brand.
The position is full-time and immediately available for at least 6 months.
Reporting directly to the retail designer;
Ace & Tate designs stores both in-house and in collaboration with external design agencies - you will be working on both type of projects;
Be involved in all steps of the design process (research, briefings, moodboards, layout, visualisations till the detailed final design package);
Assisting the retail designer in her daily tasks; preparing meetings, moodboards, following up on design communication, ordering samples etc.;
Translating basic design drafts to presentable drawings (think floor plans, sections, principle details but also renders and photoshops);
Preparing design presentations for both internal decision-making as external briefing;
Managing deadlines on behalf of the retail design manager and flag key decision moments;
Researching new materials, and doing colour-studies;
Coordinating with the architectural team for smooth translation of design into technical drawings;
Researching details, checking drawings and making sure the Ace & Tate quality is consistent in everything we do;
Working in a high pace environment with the opportunity to travel abroad;
Working independently, but are part of the young and ambitious retail expansion team;
Be working in close collaboration with project managers and the architectural team;
Up to date on the latest and greatest trends in the field of design and retail innovation;
Part of the next generation Ace & Tate stores across Europe.
- Have a degree in interior design/ architecture;
- Are a team player;
- Are experienced in Auto cad, Vectorworks, Sketch up / Rhino & Photoshop;
- Have a sharp eye for detail (friends might call it OCD, for us it's an asset);
- Have a love for interior, architecture, design and art;
- Are not afraid to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Are able to work independently but are not afraid to ask questions;
- Are a good planner;
- Are able to translate ideas into reality taking the practicalities and budgets into account;
- Preferably live in or near Amsterdam, or are willing to relocate for the period of your internship.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious team;
- Experience in a vibrant international start-up company;
- A broad scope of responsibilities;
- A lot of learning on the job and personal development;
- Monthly €500.- internship fee;
- Free daily lunch, snacks and drinks;
- An update of your eyewear collection!
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please submit your CV and cover letter with a portfolio PDF and/or website below. We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans!