Building Blocks is a team of ambitious people with a passion for data science, located in Tilburg and Amsterdam. We offer you an internship with a lot of responsibilities and fun!
Are you ready to unleash your talent and make impact on the future of data science solutions? Then we would like to meet you!
To guarantee high quality data science solutions for our clients we need to remain in the top segment of the market. This means that we continuously improve our technology and solutions. Do you want to advance the technology behind our solutions in a topic that is relevant for one of our retail or insurance clients? Then you are the intern we are looking for!
The following topics are available to apply for (starting date is September 2019 or later):
- Opening the Black Box: To our clients offering the right personalized content to their customers is of utmost importance to increase relevance and conversions. It is up to us to hand them the right predictions and to explain the inner workings of our algorithms to them. Many modern machine learning algorithms operate like a black box, which makes it hard to figure out how a prediction is created. It will be your challenge to find and compare (meta-)algorithms that are able to open the black box of modern machine learning algorithms and find the most important factors influencing the prediction on an individual level.
- Test optimization: For our client, Corendon, the conversion rates have improved by 54% since they implemented our solutions, which is obviously a huge effect. These effects are sometimes hard to calculate upfront, because with the A/B-test we currently use for this it can take a long time to come to conclusions. It will be your challenge to find and compare algorithms that are able to assign A/B group specifications in the most effective way. This will make it easier to test much more algorithms, which will help us improve them.
- A master's university study in exact sciences
- Mathematical and statistical knowledge
- A talent for learning new techniques quickly
- Professional proficiency in English
YOU CAN EXPECT
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development program
- Output based rewards
- Monthly fun activities