Eli5 15 April 2017 expired
Eli5 is offering a front-end developer internship with the chance of getting a full-time position. You’ll be working together with developers who are responsible for creating solid user interfaces to power our digital products.
We will involve you in the full development process, from defining requirements and project scope, to launching the product. Front-end developers at Eli5 have a wide range of responsibilities. Next to front-end development, they play a big role in requirements engineering, prototyping, and connecting back-end technology. Eli5 designs, builds, tests, launches, and improves digital product for clients and for products owned by Eli5.
We built our team with diversity in mind. Our people have backgrounds in design, technology and strategy. What we have in common? We like to keep things stupid simple. You will be working together with our creative and technical directors, design team, and development team in order to put Eli5 and our digital products on the map.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced and fast growing tech company. Alongside developing your skills in front-end technology, you will be able to develop skills and insights in the fields of technology, digital product design, and strategy.
Eli5 invites you to help shape the growth of the team and of our digital products. We’re looking for inspiring and talented people, who want to become a highly skilled front-end developer.
Do you feel excited about this opportunity? If yes, then we definitely want to drink coffee with you.
You will be taught to
- Create maintainable and extendable back-end solutions;
- Define and scope the front-end part of our projects, both with the team and with clients;
- Work closely together with back-end developers and designers in project teams;
- Advise clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy.
- A flexible mentality and a genuine desire to ensure the quality of your team’s output;
- Passionate and experienced in developing software and digital products for web and/or mobile;
- A big interest in new technologies and keeping up with the latest developments in software;
- Able to make clever and well informed decisions;
- An organized and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data;
- Proficiency in both English and Dutch. Proof (e.g. certificates or exam results) might be requested.
Preferable experience with
- Fully custom Wordpress themes;
- Implementation of software design patterns;
- Laravel back-end technology;
- Linux (Ubuntu / Amazon Linux);
- Consuming (RESTful) API’s;
- Object oriented programming in PHP, MySQL and / or MariaDB;
- Implementation of software design patterns; and
- Isolated development environments (Virtualbox / Vagrant).
We offer you the chance to
- Take your knowledge and skill set regarding front-end development to a professional level;
- Collaborate with a close-knit and multidisciplinary team that shares the common goal to create and grow high-end digital products;
- Take on a broad scope of responsibilities in order to grow our company and our diverse range of web, mobile, and software products;
- Work within a team of skilled and experienced developers, designers, and strategists;
- Become part of a fast-paced, growing, and innovative company, where you have the opportunity to constantly learn and evolve;
- Have a great and free homemade lunch every day.
All internships offered by Eli5 are paid, and a free lunch is provided every day.
Small (< 20)