Graphic Design Hero
Fairphone is a social enterprise that is building a movement for fairer electronics. By making a phone, we’re opening up the supply chain and creating new relationships between people and their products.
Fairphone is looking for a graphic design intern to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below!
- Amsterdam-based position.
- Start: 1 June.
- Hours: 32-40 hours per week but negotiable based on internship/school requirements.
- Duration: 6 months depending on availability.
- Deadline to apply: Applications are due by 16 May.
About your Role
We are looking for a graphic design intern to join our in-house creative team. In this role, you will create visual content that drives a strong brand experience to support Fairphone’s mission of building a movement for fairer electronics.
Your work will consist of implementing our visual identity to various formats and materials, both print (packaging, user guide, events) and digital (website, ecommerce, email, social media), with the occasional work in 3D deliverables (eg, booth or POS design). You will have the opportunity to develop your own project(s) and take initiative.
Your Skills & Experiences
- You are currently studying in a design or communications program.
- You have relevant skills in Adobe Creative Suite (ie, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge of photography, filming, or handling a camera is a plus.
- Sketching or illustration skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of different printing processes is a plus.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- Fairphone gives you the opportunity to create impact across continents.
- Join a work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members.
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic fairchain coffee, lemonade and many more tasty things.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport up to 100 Euros.
- In-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- A financial compensation in accordance with market standards for Dutch internships.
€ 600 p/m