Marketing Science - Data Engineering
Want to kick-start your data career before it even started? Join our Marketing Science team as dual student in data engineering, where you can put your data skills to use where the impact is directly visible!
In the Marketing Science team we are undertaking a wide range of data projects, all supporting the sales and marketing objectives of the Benelux market. You will be supporting some of these projects, and probably even executing some yourself. You can think of:
- Creating new dashboards (automated reports)
- Analyzing marketing campaigns, like World Deal Weeks, Package Deals etc.
- Setting up marketing e-mail segmentations and personalization
- Designing and executing A/B tests in e-mail or on the website
- Making sure the right data is collected (e.g. through web analytics, tagging)
- Setting up data pipelines for reports or machine learning models
- Automating predictive models
You will work in the Marketing Science team, a young and ambitious team consisting of data scientists, analysts and data engineers. We work together with one big goal: improving everything we do in the marketing channel by making smart use of data. To translate our insights into practice you will actively engage with the other teams in our department, like e-marketing, e-commerce and pricing.
You are a hands-on, motivated, ambitious team player who wants to get relevant working experience while studying. You understand that data is the new oil and you want to help build the refinery. When you hear Python you don’t think about a snake. Apart from speaking English (and preferably Dutch), it is a big advantage if you’re already fluent in a computer language (like Python). To sum it all up:
- WO master student in Business Studies, Econometrics, Computer Sciences or similar
- Strong affinity with IT and data
- Understanding of online marketing
- Experience with programming and databases
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Google Analytics is a big plus
- Experience with setting up data pipelines is also a big plus
Available for at least 20 hours a week for a period of at least 12 months
What we offer
A place in a fast-paced, dynamic but also fun working environment where you can quickly learn and grow! Besides learning about data you will also discover what it’s like to work in a big corporate environment, and of course what “vrijmibo” means. There is also the option to join Taxibaan, the association for KLM interns and dual students, that organizes a lot of cool social events. Last but not least, there is a competitive allowance. Exact starting date can be discussed.
€ 1,000 p/m