Marketing Science Dual Student - data engineering
Want to kick-start your data career before it even started? Join our Marketing Science team as dual student or intern in data engineering, where you can put your data skills to use where the impact is directly visible!
What are you going to do?
In the Marketing Science team we are undertaking a wide range of data projects, all supporting the sales and marketing objectives of the Benelux market. Especially in these challenging times, data is a key ingredient to build a sustainable airline for tomorrow, and you can contribute to that. You will be supporting some of these projects, and probably even executing some yourself. You can think of:
- Setting up and automating marketing e-mail segmentations and personalization
- Designing and executing A/B tests in e-mail or on the website
- Making sure the right data is collected (e.g. through web analytics, tagging)
- Setting up data pipelines for reports or machine learning models
- Automating predictive models
- Creating new dashboards (automated reports)
- Analyzing marketing campaigns, like World Deal Weeks, Package Deals etc.
You will work in the Marketing Science team, a young and ambitious team consisting of the three data disciplines: data science, analysis and engineering. We work together with one big goal: improving everything we do in the marketing channel by making smart(er) use of data & tech. You will actively engage with the other teams in our department, like e-marketing, e-commerce and pricing. So you won’t only write code, but also actively sell your solution to sometimes less tech-savvy colleagues, experience that will benefit you for the rest of your career!
Although we mostly work from home at the moment, we think staying personally connected is very important. We have daily (video) stand ups and coffee moments. So rest assured you will become a full member of the team and won’t ever be alone in this challenge – even while we’re working remote.
You are a hands-on, motivated, ambitious team player who wants to get relevant working experience while studying. You understand that data is the new oil and you want to help build its refinery. When you hear Python you don’t think about a snake. Apart from speaking English (and preferably Dutch), it is a big advantage if you’re already fluent in a computer language (like Python). To sum it all up:
- WO or HBO student in Business Studies, Econometrics, Computer Sciences or similar (WO Master is a plus)
- Strong affinity with IT and data
- Experience with programming and databases
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with setting up data pipelines is also a big plus
- Available for at least 20 hours a week for a period of at least 12 months
What do we offer?
A place in a fast-paced, dynamic but also fun working environment where you can quickly learn and grow! Besides learning about data you will also discover what it’s like to work in a big corporate environment, and of course what “vrijmibo” means, even in today’s virtual setting.
There is also the option to join Taxibaan, the association for KLM interns and dual students, that organizes a lot of cool social events. In this role you will be eligible for an allowance.
Exact starting date can be discussed.
Feel free to contact Joost Huizinga (see email published on the side) if you want to know more about this dual student position.
Aantal uur per week
16 - 24