Configuration of retrofit LED lamps with Smartphone App
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for? Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Retrofit LED lamps are used to replace conventional lamps (e.g. incandescent, fluorescent or HID lamps) in an existing installation. This could require to program certain settings in the LED lamp in order to have the most optimal performance within this installation, for example to match the behavior of the LED lamp with the behavior of the control gear of the conventional lamp. It would be nice if this can be done with a Smartphone, using the NFC interface.
- Your challenge is to develop the software and hardware for programming the settings of LED lamps via the NFC interface of a Smartphone.
- Your main activities and tasks will require you to:
- Get familiar with the application / installation of the retrofit LED lamp.
- Get familiar with the hardware inside the LED lamp.
- Develop the extra hardware needed to enable the programming of different settings in the lamp.
- Develop the App to be able to program the settings with a Smartphone via the NFC interface.
- Your main deliverables:
- A working prototype (hardware and software).
- A report describing the designs and results.
You will perform the assignment within the LED Lamps EMEA group in Philips Lighting, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. This group is working on retrofit LED lamps for both consumer and professional applications in Europe, and is cooperating with both marketing and product development / research teams in Eindhoven and Shanghai.
In this assignment you will have the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team. You will not only be working on subjects from your own field of experience, but also will learn about other (non-)technical disciplines.
The assignment will have a duration of 5 months, starting in February.
We are looking for
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
- Currently studying towards your HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science / Master of science WOin: Electrical engineering or Software engineering.
- An interest in both electronics and software is highly preferred.
- Language: English or Dutch.
1. Master’s and Bachelor’s students are paid an allowance according to their degree.2. Students are paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.3. A student who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.4. The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.5. Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
· Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education);· Resume.
In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be an EU/EER citizen and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
The contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
€ 460 p/m