Deep reinforcement learning for packing fruits and vegetables
Viroteq is a young knowledge intensive company originated and located in Amsterdam. For one of our sub-developments we have an internship position open and need you to help us!
In order to make our packing algorithm suitable to cope with the large product varieties in fruits and vegetables, we need to find out how some of the latest deep reinforcement learning techniques could benefit the performance of the packing algorithm. In this internship you will research and design such a neural network which will be able to simulate the packing of fruit and vegetables based on gathered point-cloud data.
Perform a research on deep reinforcement learning-setups and training methods and determine how they can be used.
- Develop the training model and build a test environment for this.
- Combine and implement your model within the main software and perform tests.
- Optimize the performance based on test results.
What are we looking for?
- MSc. level thinking with knowledge of deep learning techniques.
- You have experience with AI libraries (e.g. Keras, PyTorch,Tensorflow).
- You are not afraid to dive into research literature.
- You are available for 4+ months.
- Experience with software development (C#.NET, C++, Python) is a big plus.
- Fluency in English, Dutch is a plus.
- A place within a young enthusiastic team of technical experts.
- Practical experience of intelligent robot applications in the industry.
- €250/month full-time internship
Possibility to work remotely
- Travel cost allowance during your internship.
- A possibility for a permanent job after you finished.
€ 250 p/m